Eachine Assassin 180 FPV Drone Flight Test Review
This FPV flier includes GPS, OSD, barometer altitude hold, FPV googles, and a Naze32 flight controller. Available from Banggood. http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Assassin-180-FPV-wEachine-VR-007-HD-Goggles-I6-Transmitter-Built-In-OSD-GPS-NAZE32-RTF-p-1028910.html?p=RB0922217402201307U3
– Nice carrying case
– Includes three selectable flight modes with flip of Switch C. Position 1 is stabilized “Angle” mode which includes both accelerometer and gyro stabilization along with tilt angle restriction. Position 2 is Horizon Mode with heading lock. Position 3 is Horizon Mode with heading lock and both barometer altitude and GPS hold.
– Very easy and stable flier in position 1 angle mode.
– Naze32 flight controller.
– 3S 1000mah battery gives plenty of power.
– GPS and barometer altitude hold.
– Includes FPV goggles.
– On screen display (OSD) includes remaining battery power, flight time, battery temperature, speed, GPS status, height, course, and low battery warning.
– Nice carrying case.
– Uses proprietary Smart batteries for both the quadcopter and goggles.
– FPV flying in position 1 angle mode seems to be easiest to fly with. Position 3 barometer altitude hold is not very steady. Also GPS lock on is “iffy” and can take some time using precious battery power (Although it was not overlapping the GPS module, maybe the back end of my Runcam was blocking reception of some satellites? ).
– GPS does not have a return to home feature implemented (might be possible with mods to GPS and Naze32?). GPS seems intended mainly to improve altitude hold accuracy.
– Some quality control issues. Mine came with the GPS disconnected and some loose screws. Disconnected GPS seems to be a common theme, and may be due to adhesive failure during storage/shipment.
– FPV goggles are very low resolution. Also, FPV camera produces jello artifacts. Combination of both makes for very blurry video through the goggles making FPV flying somewhat difficult.
– User manual is very sparse. Does not include instructions on assembly or operation of the aircraft.
And here is its flight demonstration review.
Eachine Assassin 180
Camera: 520TVL, supports HD night flight, adjustable camera angle
Brushless motor: 1806-2300KV
Flight controller: Naze 32
Battery: smart battery 3S 1000mAh
Image transmission: 5.8G 600mW 40CH
Propeller: 4 inch
Flight time: 7-9 minutes
Eachine VR-007 HD Goggles
Screen size: 4.3 inch
Screen resolution: 480×272
Working temperature: -20℃-80℃
Ultra-lightweight design: 256g(battery not included)
Battery weight: 24g
Power voltage: 800mah 7.4V standard configuration(2S smart lipo battery, with power display function, supports USB 5V charging)
Antenna: 5.8G 3dB
Power dissipation: 500mA
Frequency channel: built-in 40CH 5.8GHz A/V automatic search receiver
Language choice: multilinguals can be choosed in osd menu(English, French, Italian and so on).
Eachine I6 2.4G Transmitter
Channels: 6 Channels
RF Range: 2.40-2.48GHz
RF Power: Less Than 20dBm
Low Voltage Warning: less than 4.2V
DSC Port: PS2;Output: PPM
Charger Port: No
ANT length: 26mm*2(dual antenna)
Power: 6V 1.5AA*4
Display mode: Transflective STN positive type, 128*64 dot matrix VA73*39mm,white backlight.
On-line update: yes
Model Memories: 20
1 x Eachine Assassin 180
1 x Eachine VR-007 video glasses
1 x Eachine I6 2.4G transmitter
1 x 520TVL camera
4 x 6A 3S ESC
1 x Naze 32 flight controller
2 x 1806-2300KV CW motor
2 x 1806-2300KV CCW motor
4 x 4045 CW propeller
4 x 4045 CCW propeller
1 x 11.1V 1000MAH smart battery
2 x 7.4V 800mah battery
4 x NIMH AA 2400mAh 1.2V battery
1 x Charging dock
1 x Charger adapter
1 x Wrench for propellers
1 x L type wrench for screws
1 x Operating manual
Hope you enjoyed this video. If so, please subscribe to the Quadcopter 101 channel to see even better videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC90A4JdsSoFm1Okfu0DHTuQ
And you can also stay updated on new Quadcopter 101 videos on
And for those brand new fliers, here is the Quadcopter 101 Flight School to help you rapidly get into the air (best viewed on computer) http://quadcopter101.blogspot.com/
Affiliate links: Links to vendor sites of the product shown in this video are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.