Eachine Novice II RTF Toothpick FPV Racer Drone w Goggles Transmitter Flight Test Review
This ready to fly Toothpick micro outdoor racer drone includes all needed FPV equipment, including goggles and transmitter. Ready to fly out of the box, other than charging and inserting the batteries, no other preparation is needed. Find it here http://bit.ly/Novice_II
Note that FPV video recording was conducted using better goggles with built-in digital video recorder. The Novice II VR009 goggles do not have a DVR, and are not capable of recording FPV video.
and here is its flight demonstration.
– Ready to fly FPV with all needed components including transmitter and goggles. Transmitter is already bound to the drone, and the goggles are already tuned to the drone’s FPV transmitter frequency. Also included is a multi port LiPo and LiHV battery charger.
– RTF version comes with two 460mah 3.8V LiHV batteries. Fly more version comes with 10 batteries.
– CADDX EOS2 V2 1200TVL FPV camera.
– 25 to 200mW 40 channel switchable FPV transmitter with SmartAudio and On Screen Display (OSD).
– Crazybee F4 flight control board loaded with Betaflight 4.0.4 dated June 20 2019.
– Flight control board includes integrated Frsky D8 (non EU) receiver, along with 4in1 5A continuous 6A max ESC.
– EX1103 KV850 motors.
– Drone includes an onboard beeper, and extremely bright LED bars. Both come in handy when looking for the drone in high grass or bushes. Beeper also provides audio alert of low battery (in addition to the OSD low voltage warning).
– Includes WT8 FHSS Frsky D8 transmitter already bound to the drone.
– Also includes VR009 40 channel FPV goggles with autoscan capability, but already set to the drone’s current FPV channel. VR009 goggles also comes with AV cable for connecting and viewing the goggles to an external video source (DVD etc…).
– Drone is limited to 1S or 2S batteries. Don’t try higher than 2S or you risk damaging the flight control board.
– The WT8 transmitter is basic and intended primarily for beginners. Sensitivity of the controls is not very good, with significant dead zone near center stick.
– The VR009 FPV goggles are also very basic and low resolution. It is somewhat difficult to make out details with the goggles until the camera gets very close to a subject. At higher speeds, you may not have sufficient reaction time to avoid smaller objects (like tree branches).
– Does not come with a power supply for the LiHV charger.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.