Gougoushou Alloy Raider The Metal Drone Flight Test Review
This quadcopter is somewhat unique in that it’s actually made of a metal alloy. But surprisingly it’s very lightweight at only 106 grams, and is a great stable flier. Find it here http://shrsl.com/?~b4qs
– Metal canopy. Believe the intent is to stiffen up quadcopter arms to crashes. But not sure how effective this will be.
– Easy disassembly. Should make motor replacements very easy. Also uses widely available 8.5x20mm motors (Latraxx Alias, WLToys V212/V222 motors).
– Very stable flier in low rate. Excellent for beginners.
– Very maneuverable in intermediate and expert.
– Transmitter buttons are all labeled …. in English! 🙂
– LED light strip on each arm. Should be good night flier
– Headless mode and one key return.
– Quadcopter gradually lands itself at battery LVC (No stop and drop. I like that!)
– Except for flips, this quad flies and sounds like a WLToys V212/V222 (my all time favorites!)
– Not very good at flips. Wobbles after a flip.
– Antenna is placed external to the canopy to improve reception due to the metal canopy.
– User manual is all in Chinese, no translation (but again, its transmitter is labeled in English).
and here is its flight demonstration
Material: Alloy + ABS
Gyro: 6 Axis
Remote Frequency: 2.4G
Control Distance: About 100-150m
Charger Time: About 60mins
Flight Time: 8-10mins (I got a little ove 5 minutes with my first flight)
Battery For Quadcopter: 3.7V 600mAh(included)
Battery For Transmiter: 6 x AA Alkaline Battery (not included)
Quadcopter Size: 48.5cm*42cm*12.5cm
Quadcopter Weight: 106g
Packing: Window Box
1 x RC Quadcopter, 1 x Remote Control Transmitter, 2 x Spare Propellers, 1 x 3.7V 600mAh Battery, 1 x Screwdriver, 1 x USB Charging Cable, 1 x User Manual (Mine was in Chinese)
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.