Happymodel Mantis85 Brushless Micro FPV Racing Drone Flight Test Review
Feature packed 85mm racing drone with F4 FCB, latest Betaflight 3.2.0, 48 Ch 200m FPV, OSD with telemetry, 4in1 BL-Heli-S ESC, 9000KV brushless motors and BNF Flysky, Frsky, DSM2/X. And it even has a beeper too! Find the Mantis85 here https://goo.gl/KHGKSh and find the T8SG Jumper multi protocol transmitter here https://goo.gl/wHe3L7
– Great little flier with Omnibus F4SD FCB loaded with the latest version of Betaflight (as of date of this video). Stock PIDS are just fine out of the box.
– 600 TVL 48 channel 25mw NTSC/PAL AIO FPV camera.
– On screen display (OSD) of telemetry data. OSD can be easily programmed through Betaflight. PIDS can be tuned in the field using OSD menus.
– 4in1 BL-Heli-S Dshot600 6 Amp ESC
– SE1102 9000KV brushless motors
– Available BNF in Frsky (D8), Flysky (AFHDS 2A), and DSM2/DSMX
– Stock 2S 400mah 30C battery just does not have enough “oomph” to do stunts or aggressive flying. The battery sags under increased power. It’s OK for beginner FPV fliers learning acro, but intermediate and above will definitely want to purchase a higher C rating battery for this.
– FPV antenna is precariously placed. It does provide good FPV transmission, but repeated crack ups or my style of landings 😉 may break it.
– Receiver antenna is also precariously placed near the propeller blades. You will need to zip tie/shrink tube it out of harms way.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.