Ideafly F90 Octopus Micro FPV Racer Drone Flight Test Review
This little FPV racer drone has an octopus shape. Yet it’s still a maneuverable and zippy flier. Find it here $5 off with coupon HTYUSA5 Frsky https://goo.gl/xxFC4M, Flysky https://goo.gl/UoC5UC, and DSM2/DSMX https://goo.gl/sg00uI
– Roughly shaped like an octopus.
– Available BNF in Frsky, Flysky, and DSM2/DSMX
– F3 EVO flight control board loaded with Betaflight 3.0.1
– 600 TVL camera with 48 channel 25 mW FPV transmitter.
– 8520 motors
– Propellers are well protected by ducts for indoor flying. Yet the ducts are very thin, and do not significanly affect the flight performance (i.e. minimal drag) in high speed outdoor flight.
– Beeper for low voltage warning or for aiding in finding this small quadcopter in an overgrown field or tree 😉
– 2S 300mah battery
– Does not require FAA registration (and if you haven’t yet heard, as of 5/19/2017, no quadcopter does anymore 🙂
– Thin protective propeller ducts. Am not sure how long they will withstand crashes. If one of my ducts breaks, am going to try snipping them all off with nail cutters, as it should slightly improve flight performance (although the propellers would no longer be protected).
– Noticed some minor gentle wobbles in turns (similar to a rolling ship). Am thinking that it might have been caused by the way I inserted the receiver in the body (i.e. not centered, throwing the CG off).
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.