Ideafly Grasshopper F210 FPV Racing Drone Flight Test Review
This impressive FPV racer is being advertised as the world’s fastest commercially available racing quadcopter. Buy it here exclusively from GearBest: RTF version (USE COUPON CODE GBBEE FOR $51.83 OFF) http://www.gearbest.com/multi-rotor-parts/pp_428984.html?wid=21&lkid=10107535
ARF version (USE COUPON CODE GBBEEp FOR $45.39 OFF) http://www.gearbest.com/multi-rotor-parts/pp_428985.html?wid=21&lkid=10107536
– Very nice carrying case is provided.
– Also nice balance charger is provided for 1S through 4S batteries.
– Provided 4S battery gives plenty of “oomph” and punch.
– 30A (40A surge) ESC’s can withstand long periods of high power application.
– Very maneuverable and zippy. It’s advertised as being capable of 230kph. This might (and I strongly emphasize “might”) be possible very early in the flight with a short full throttle punch (with tri blades and fully charged 4S battery). Its punch is pretty amazing at the start of its flight with a fully charged 4S battery.
– It just looks cool, like a grasshopper.
– Stock barometer hold setting with acro are kind of screwy and highly unstable. Not recommended to fly with.
– FPV transmitter bundled in protective rubber blanket, entirely blocking any access to the channel switches/buttons on the transmitter (can’t change the channels in stock setup).
– Provided monopole FPV antenna can easily flop into the path of the propeller blades. Strongly recommend switching to a CP antenna ASAP.
– Battery cable also easily flops into the path of the blades. Maybe fabricate some type of velcro attachment to the battery cowling to prevent such type of event from occurring?
– Requires FAA registration.
– Amazing high speed of 230km/h. It can provide thrilling a racing experience that you are looking for. Faster than any other copter, it is an incredible frontrunner.
– Premium carbon fiber frame. Made of sturdy and durable carbon fiber, the upper board is 1.5mm thick, while the thickness of the arms and the board beneath them is 3.5mm.
– F3 10DOF flight controller with barometer and compass, which delivers you fantastic flight experience thanks to its next-generation CPU, no-compromise I/O, developer-friendly GUI, and compatibility with Oneshot. Enjoy having fun with one of the most excellent flight controllers.
Brilliant 2205 2300KV motors. With imported bearings processed through CNC and 100% dynamic balance, each of them can generate a thrust of up to 1,000g.
– Responsive ESCs. The ultralight Flycolor RAPTOR 390 BLHeli 2 – 4S 30A OPTO ESCs incorporate the most state-of-the-art MOS and 3-in-1 IC chip, which enable them to respond in no time. It supports setting parameters via BLheli software directly by connecting the F3 flight controller. You can set the parameters of 4 ESCs at the same time.
– Acceleration-indicating headlight. The brightness of the headlight varies according to the accelerator. The headlight flashes constantly, thus you can easily know how fast your copter will fly by glancing at the light.
Speed: max. 230km/h ( while using 14.8V 75C battery or larger power LiPo battery )
Product weight: 328g ( not including battery )
Flight controller: F3 10DOF
Motor: 2205 2300KV
ESC: Flycolor RAPTOR 390 BLHeli 2 – 4S 30A
instantaneous current 40A, continuous current 30A
Battery: 14.8V 1300mAh 45C 4S, XT60 Connector
Battery weight: 148g ( The product supports 75C battery. )
FPV transmitter: 5.8G 200mW 40CH
Camera: 700TVL, PAL
Charger: E4 Balance Charger
Propellers: 5045 three-blade and 5045BN two-blade
Rear light: 3W ( It turns blue after code matching. )
Flight functions: going up and down, left and right, back and forth; 3D rollover; 3D inverted flight; rolling, encircling
Type: Frame Kit
Channel: No Transmitter
Remote Control: 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Control
Flying Time: 10-13mins
Charging Time (h): about 2.5 hours
Battery Weight: 148g
Video Resolution: 700TVL (horizontal resolution)
Video Standards: PAL
Dimension and Weight
Product weight: 0.328 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 20.50 x 20.00 x 8.50 cm / 8.07 x 7.87 x 3.35 inches
Package Contents: 1 x RC Quadcopter, 4 x Three-blade Propeller, 4 x Two-blade Propeller, 1 x Balance Charger, 1 x Balance Charger Cable, 1 x Power Adapter Cable, 1 x 5.8G Antenna, 1 x Instruction Disc, 1 x Battery, 1 x Carrying Bag
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.