JJRC H29G 5.8Ghz FPV Drone Flight Test Review
This little 5.8Ghz FPV flier is currently one of the best toy grade quadcopters for learning to fly FPV. It has a very bright FPV video screen that allows easy daylight viewing of real time in flight video. Its 720p video camera also produces relatively good video. Available from Banggood here http://www.banggood.com/JJRC-H29G-5_8G-FPV-With-2_0MP-HD-Camera-Headless-Mode-2_4G-6-Axis-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1025773.html?p=RB0922217402201307U3
This should not be compared to the 509G with altitude hold, as that is a beginner flier’s feature. Unfortunately people may and will become dependent on that feature, and not progress in FPV flying to be able to maintain altitude on their own using an FPV screen with no depth perception (similar to how some become dependent on headless mode). IMO the H29G is much better for intermediate fliers wishing to enter the world of FPV. This quadcopter is better for them to learn and practice FPV flying and altitude control with a 2D screen (it ain’t as easy as some think ;-). It’s better to make those learning mistakes and inevitable crashes with this lightweight/safe/relatively cheap quad than go straight to FPV racers and become discouraged.
And here is another demo flight. This one came from Banggood
– Excellent flier. Very maneuverable quadcopter.
– Good 5.8Ghz FPV video transmission performance. Does not interfere with quadcopter’s controller.
– Includes ability to record both received FPV signal video, along with high definition video from the quadcopter’s 720p camera.
– Screen is built into the controller, and powered by the controller’s LiPo battery (no AA’s or AAA’s required).
– Headless mode and one key return.
– Quadcopter uses widely available generic 3.7V 300 to 450 mah micro quadcopter batteries.
– Does not require FAA registration.
– Controller’s 500mah LiPo battery provides power for about one flight, then needs recharged. It would be a good idea to purchase a larger 3.7V 1000mah (white micro LoSi connector) to replace the stock battery http://www.banggood.com/Bossy-Syma-X5SW-X5SC-Spare-Part-3_7V-1000Mah-25C-Va32-Upgraded-Lipo-Battery-p-984344.html?p=RB0922217402201307U3
Brand name: JJRC
Item name: JJRC H29G 5.8G FPV WIth 2.0MP Camera Headless Mode 2.4GHZ 6-Axis RC Quadcopter
Gyro: 6 axis
Mode:Mode 2 (Left Hand Throttle)
Flight time: about 8 minutes
Charging time: about 40 minutes
Battery for quadcopter: 3.7V 450mah lipo battery
Battery for transmitter: 3.7V 500mah lipo battery
Product Size : 34x28x10cm
Package Size (L x W x H) : 29.8×14.3×23.3cm
Function: Up/ down/ left/ right/ side flight/ hover/ flip / hand launch/ 360 Degrees roll
Package included: 1 x JJRC H29G Quadcopter, 1X 2.0MP Camera, 1 x Transmitter, 2 x blades, 4 x Protection frame, 4 x Landing Gear, 1 x USB Charger, 1 x 450mah battery, 1 x 500mah battery, 1 x screwdriver
Hope you enjoyed this video. If so, please subscribe to the Quadcopter 101 channel to see even better videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC90A4JdsSoFm1Okfu0DHTuQ
And you can also stay updated on new Quadcopter 101 videos on
And for those brand new fliers, here is the Quadcopter 101 Flight School to help you rapidly get into the air (best viewed on computer) http://quadcopter101.blogspot.com/
Affiliate links: Links to vendor sites of the product shown in this video are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.