Syma X5HW Altitude Hold Camera Drone Flight Review
This upgrade of the popular Syma X5SC/W includes an effective altitude hold feature to make FPV flying very easy. Buy it here http://www.banggood.com/Syma-X5HW-WIFI-FPV-With-2MP-HD-Camera-2_4G-4CH-6Axis-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1034073.html?p=RB0922217402201307U3 or here on Amazon http://amzn.to/2hNNBg6 And buy spare batteries and parts here http://www.banggood.com/search/x5hc-x5hw.html?p=RB0922217402201307U3
This quadcopter uses WiFi with your smartphone to allow real time viewing of in flight video. Yet it still has surprisingly good control and FPV range for a WiFi based FPV flier.
– Binds with the X8C controller if you want increased range! And the phone attachment clip fits snugly to the top of the X8C antenna. But the X8C controller does not have an auto-center stick. You’ll need to manually do that (not very hard to do).
– Effective altitude hold feature that helps the pilot maintain focus on his/her flying FPV flying, and less on worrrying about impacting the ground.
– Range of both flight control and FPV range seems to be much greater than the advertised 30 to 50m range. I flew well beyond the advertised range through much of the above video, and still maintained video reception and flight control.
– Has headless mode.
– Stable flier, providing relatively smooth aerial video.
– Does not require FAA registration as it weighs less than 250 grams.
– Proprietary Syma battery connector prevents using third party batteries. But you could change the quadcopter’s power connector to a standard mini Losi connector if you wish to use the widely available generic (and cheap) Syma X5C batteries.
– Does not have one key return. However, not a big loss as this feature is not really effective on quadcopters that do have it.
– Photo and video resolution is relatively low at 0.3MP/640x480p. This is an inherent limitation of WiFi FPV fliers.
– Video recording would occasionally stop for no reason. But this could be a fault of my cheap $49 phone.
Brand Name: Syma
Item NO.: X5HW
Color: White, Blue
Frequency : 2.4G
Channel : 4CH
Battery for Quadcopter: 3.7V 600mAh Li-poly(Included)
Transmitter Battery: 4 x AA battery(Not included)
Charging Time : About 90 mins(USB charging)
Flying time : About 5~7 minutes
Charging time:About 130 minutes
Controlling distance:About 30-50 meters
WIFI FPV with 2.0MP HD camera.
With High Hold mode can set height.
Headless mode,360 roll.
6-Axis gyro quad-rotorcraft flight, strong stability,can easily implement various flight movements, stronger wind resistance, easier to control.
The quadcopter can fly both indoor and outdoor.Including 4CH digital proportional RC system.
Rechargeable high performance battery.
Function:up/down,left/right sideward fight,forward/backward,turn left/right,with gyro/flash lights,A 360-degree 3D and special functions(continuous rolling)
1 x SYMA X5HW Quadcopter
1 x Wifi Camera
1 x Mobile phone retaining clip
1 x Transmitter
4 x Propeller Guide
2 x Landing Gear
1 x Battery
1 x Screwdriver
1 x USB cable
1 x Manual
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.