WLToys Q696-A 2 Axis Gimbal FPV Telemetry 1080p Camera Drone Flight Test Review
The Q696A is the first toy grade brushed motor drone that comes with a 2 axis stabilized camera gimbal. Also includes 1080p camera, telemetry, and 5.8Ghz FPV system. Find it here, $47 off with coupon LQPWQA https://goo.gl/wzgFZh
– The first toy grade brushed motor quadcopter to include a stabilized two axis camera gimbal. The gimbal actually works well. Gimbal can also be remotely moved up and down.
– Telemetry of battery power, altitude, and velocity. Altitude info from onboard barometer, and velocity info seems to be calculated from the accelerometers.
– Includes a 1080p HD camera with SD card and USB card reader.
– Also includes 5.8 Ghz FPV transmitter and receiver/monitor. FPV transmits on 5.8 Ghz analog band E4 (5645 Mhz), so FPV goggles can be used if unsatisfied with provided FPV monitor.
– Total flight time from the 2600mah battery was 8 minutes 23 seconds (including 1 minute 13 seconds of warmup flight that I did before starting the review). This was the battery’s first flight, so it hasn’t been conditioned yet.
– Automatic takeoff and landing.
– Headless mode and one key return.
– Very bright LEDs. Great night flier.
– Not cheap. That gimbal, camera, and FPV really bumps up the price.
– Brushed motor quadcopter. Will eventually require replacement of motors.
– Won’t allow flips with the camera and gimbal attached.
– One key return is standard toy grade return (backwards parallel flying of takeoff heading), and is NOT a true return to home and landing.
– Video jello. Props may need balancing to reduce. Here’s how https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vakWrc86xE
– Telemetry battery power is somehat inaccurate. Also very little time between low battery warning beep and automatic descent of quadcopter. But the quadcopter does descend to a landing on low battery (doesn’t fall from the sky like a brick).
– Over 250 grams. Will require FAA registration in the USA. It takes $5 and 5 minutes to get it here https://registermyuas.faa.gov/
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.