ZLRC Beast CSJ-X7 (SG906) Long Flying Brushless GPS Camera Drone Flight Test Review
This version of the folding ZLRC Beast drone is less costly than the SG906 version, yet it’s the same drone. Find it here http://bit.ly/CSJ-X7 and use coupon HTZLRC with the black version here http://bit.ly/CSJX7-Black
– Large folding drone with GPS and optical flow hover capability.
– Electronic video stabilization using your phone’s processor via the Hfun Plus app.
– GPS/GLONASS provides accurate positioning of the drone. Also enables true return to home and landing capability on command, lost transmitter signal, and low battery.
– Advanced flight modes of GPS follow me and circle position works very well.
– Available with 2K/4K camera. 2K/4K version records video in 2K, and still photos in 4K resolution.
– Also includes 720p HD belly camera for optical flow hovering, or for video recording looking directly down.
– Good FPV range of close to 300 meters.
– Camera lens can be tilted up or down remotely using the provided transmitter/controller.
– In flight video can be viewed and recorded to your smartphone using the “Hfun Plus” app available on Google Play here http://bit.ly/HfunPlus and iTunes here http://bit.ly/Hfun-Plus. App also provides advanced flight and video processing capabilities.
– 7.4V 2800mah battery provides average flight time of about 20 minutes per charge. Available with optional bundled 1, 2 or 3 batteries.
– Uses 802.11ac WiFi. Unfortunately not all phones have this type of WiFi. Before considering purchase, first verify that your phone is indee 802.11ac WiFi capable, or you may be very disappointed.
– No SD card. Video and photos are recorded directly to your phone via 802.11ac WiFi. Expect usual video frame dropping if the WiFi signal gets weak.
– Battery protection tab on the front of the battery must be removed before inserting battery. Otherwise you may encounter difficulty fully inserting the battery into the drone.
– Optical flow feature can not be manually selected. It is only activated if the GPS system does not have sufficient satellites to maintain hover position.
– When using video stabilization, expect lots of on screen lag (delayed video). The advanced features and video stabilization are all accomplished using your phone’s processor. Older/slower phones may aggravate this lag. Lag can be reduced if using a phone with better processing capability.
– Circle position would not work with the drone. Not sure why?
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.