Thirteen students awarded a total of $50,000 for academic pursuits
The Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) has helped graduating seniors achieve their dreams since 1970, with individual scholarships ranging from $500 to $8,000 each year. This year, $50,000 total was awarded to students. Student scholarships are awarded each year thanks to the generous support of AMA members and AMA Foundation patrons across the country. AMA has awarded more than $1.1 million in scholarships since founding the scholarship program.
AMA is happy to announce that 13 high school graduates from across the nation will benefit from the AMA scholarship fund this year. The scholarship money is generated through donations by model aviation organizations, individuals, and AMA members, and a portion of AMA member dues.
Read More: Introducing The DJI Manifold 2
Award designations are set by the AMA Scholarship Committee, which is made up of model aviation pilots and enthusiasts. The committee evaluates each application and ranks it based on GPA, community involvement, model flying experience, and model flying competition participation.
AMA and its foundation want to thank each family that has contributed to the memorial scholarships, as well as the hundreds of other donors to the scholarship program. Without their generous contributions, these gifts would not be possible.
Read More: Topcon Announces Next Generation Flight Planning Software For The Intel® Falcon™ 8+ Drone
AMA would like to congratulate the following students who have been selected this year to receive the Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship and others:
- Robert Van Zyl (Peachtree, GA): $7,000 Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship; $1,000 Weak Signals Club Scholarship
- Stoil Avramov (Elkridge, MD): $2,000 Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship; $5,000 Clifford and Nancy Telford Scholarship
- Sparsh Desai: $6,000 Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship; $500 Weak Signals Club Scholarship
- Thomas Holcomb (Marietta, GA): $5,000 Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship, $500 Weak Signals Club Scholarship
- Jacob Pulsipher (West Richland, WA): $4,500 Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship, $1,000 Ryan Sherrow Memorial Scholarship
- Joseph Thibodeau (Appling, GA): $4,000 Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship
- Trevor Burke (Dallas): $3,500 Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship
- Kyle Albrecht (Fenton, MI): $3,000 Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship
- Darius Rieger (Cape Elizabeth, ME): $2,500, Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship
- Julia Minicozzi (Babylon, NY): $2,000, Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship
- Linda Markham (Carrollton, GA): $1,000 Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship
- Joshua McCreary (Suffolk, VA): $1,000 Basil and Dorothy Cooper Memorial Scholarship
- Edward Bukowski (Parkland, FL): $500 Charles Hampson Grant Scholarship
To learn more about the AMA Scholarship program visit http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/amafoundation/scholarships/.