Cheerson CX-17 Cricket Micro FPV Drone Flight Test Review
This follow-on to the popular Cheerson CX-10WD provides longer flight time in a larger quadcopter. Find it here https://goo.gl/sLjMBu
– Ready to fly.
– 400mah battery provided over 5 1/2 minutes flight time (compared to 3 minutes flight time of CX-10WD).
– Maneuverable little quadcopter. Also very good flipper.
– Includes altitude hold, automatic takeoff, and automatic landing.
– Can be flown with controller, or via its app with phone/tablet. But it’s easiest to fly with its controller.
– Very low lag WiFi FPV video viewable on your phone or tablet via the CX-17WiFi app. Good video transmission with very little “freezing” noted during the flight of the screen recording. App available here on Google Play https://goo.gl/HMZ98Y and here on itunes https://goo.gl/Ggx51N
– Well under 250 grams. Does not require FAA registration.
– Battery is proprietary. But hopefully spare batteries shouldn’t be expensive due to its small size.
– “CX-17WiFi” app is somewhat unstable. It crashed twice on my NVIDIA Shield K1 tablet during this flight. I also tried it on a different device (Samsung phone) where it also crashed during flight.
– Low resolution camera provides VGA resolution images. But the video is recorded in 16:9 aspect ratio.
– Camera is narrow field of view. Difficult to FPV maneuver around close-in objects as they may be obscured.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.