Cheerson CX-22 Drone Review Part 3, High Speed Flying
The CX-22 is surprisingly fast for a camera quadcopter. It should be able to keep up with many ground or water vehicles. You can find the CX-22 here http://shrsl.com/?~abse
Part 1 Review (Telemetry and FPV) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd5Y_JxEkTU
Part 2 Review (Circle and Follow Me) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqbyIyGYC84
Part 3 Review (Speed Demonstration) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivTqjk1wvq0
– Telemetry for real time viewing of quadcopter’s position, range, bearing, heading, speed, altitude, GPS satellite status, and most importantly remaining battery power.
– 1080p 30 fps HD remotely operated video/still camera.
– Two axis gyro stabilized gimbal system with remote pitch and roll control.
– FPV system with 7″ dual receiver screen for long range (over 800m) real time quadcopter POV viewing (best used for aiming the quadcopter’s camera).
– Great range advertised at 800m (I haven’t flown that far yet to confirm).
– Very fast quadcopter.
– Dual GPS system including GPS in both the quadcopter and receiver (for follow me mode).
– Smart battery with built-in balance charger.
– Advanced flight modes including Altitude Hold, Position Hold, Circle Position Hover, Follow Me Hover, Return to Landing, and Emergency Return to Landing (loss of transmitter signal).
– Nice water and shock resistant travel carrying case for taking this quadcopter on vacation.
– NOT for beginner fliers! GPS Position Hold and Return to Landing are not substitutes for learning basic flight skills. This quadcopter is just too heavy with sharp and fast spinning components to make beginner’s errors with.
– Somewhat “pricey”. But consider the cost of separately including all of these features on a different quadcopter.
– Flight time is advertised for this quadcopter at up to 25 minutes. But this is likely just for the quadcopter without carrying its camera and gimbal system. The weight and power requirements of the camera, gimbal, FPV transmitter, and telemetry system will reduce this time. A more realistic flight time to expect is likely to be around 10 to 15 minutes depending on how the quadcopter is flown.
– GPS error “wobble” is sometimes apparent. Might be a concern for possible tipover if attempting a GPS takeoff or landing. Cheerson does recommend using Altitude Hold during takeoffs, possibly to minimize the potential for tipover.
– Very complex system. Some (myself included) might have difficulty properly using all of the included features right out of the box. It requires some reading and rereading of the user manual (or watching YouTube video reviews ;-).
– With such a complex system, there will likely be some quality control issues. It will be very important for Cheerson to closely monitor their production line to make sure that all of the numerous subsystems work properly for this quadcopter right out of the box.
– Also advertised with 3D rollover. This is in error. There is no flip button on this large GPS camera quadcopter 😉
Make & Model: Cheerson CX-22
Type: RC Simulators
Functions: Up/down, Forward/backward, Sideward flight, Turn left/right, With light
Age: Above 14 years old
Built-in Gyro: Yes 6 axis stabilized
Night Flight: Yes
Material: Plastic, Electronic components
Mode: Video & Photo functions
Model Power: 11.1V 5400mah rechargeable and removable battery
Dimension and Weight
Product Weight : 0.980 kg
Product Size (L x W x H) : 36 x 36 x 20 cm / 14.15 x 14.15 x 7.86 inches
Package Size (L x W x H) : 65.5 x 36.5 x 21 cm / 25.74 x 14.34 x 8.25 inches
Package Contents: 1 x CX – 22 RC Quadcopter, 1 x 2-axis Gimbal, 1 x Camera, 1 x Transmitter, 1 x Monitor, 1 x CD, 1 x English Manual, 1 x Quadcopter Battery, 1 x Built-in Monitor Battery, 1 x Strap, 2 x Landing Gear, 4 x Propeller, 1 x Quadcopter Charger Set, 1 x Monitor Charger Set, 1 x Tools Set(Screwdriver + Screws + Wrench), 2 x Video Line, 1 x Card Reader, 1 x TF Card
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.