Cheerson CX-33S FPV Drone Flight Test Review
This 5.8Ghz FPV flier is cool and unique! Is it a hexacopter or tricopter? Extremely stable and easy to fly, its altitude hold feature is a perfect addition to its FPV real-time video system. Find it here http://www.banggood.com/Cheerson-CX-33S-CX33S-2_0MP-HD-Camera-5_8G-FPV-With-High-Hold-Mode-RC-Quadcopter-p-1001730.html?p=RB0922217402201307U3
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
– Unique design, that is a surprisingly stable flier. Technically a hexacopter for its six motors and propellers. But it can also be interpreted as a tricopter for its three arms.
– Altitude hold feature works very well to maintain a steady altitude while you maintain focus on flying FPV.
– Automatic takeoff: Press a button and it automatically starts and climbs to 1 meter hover position. Automatic landing: Press another button, and it automatically descends to a landing.
– 2MP HD camera.
– Good control and FPV range with both at about 80 meters.
– Battery can’t be removed easily from its battery bay. Requires a slight modification to move its charging cable external to the bay.
– Lower propellers can hit the grass if flying in a grassy field. Concern about possible motor overheating if the grass stops a propeller while inder power.
– Motors can not be stopped quickly. Again concern of motor overheat if motors continue running after a crash.
– Does not have headless mode or one key return (no big loss there ;-).
– No flip button. Again no big loss. This is mainly an FPV flier.
– Only one rate (no beginner/intermediate/expert rates).
and here’s my flight with it.
Item name: CX-33S 2.4G High Hold Mode independently 5.8G video transmission system
Gyro: 6 axis
Quadcopter Size: 310 x 345 x 85mm
Quadcopter Weight: 164g
Package Size: 42.4 x 35.8 x 11.3CM
Blade size: 140mm
Flight time: 6–7 minutes
Charging time: About 210 minutes
Control distance: about 80M
FPV transmission distance: about 80m
Battery for quadcopter: 7.4V 450mAh
Battery for transmitter: 1.5v AA battery (not included)
1 x CX-33S 2.4G 6-axis gyro High Hold Mode independently 5.8G video transmission system
1 x 2.4G transmitter
1 x USB charging cable
2 x spare blades
1 x User Manual
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.