DJI Geospatial Data Collection Platform Gets A Major Upgrade
It’s been an exciting week for DJI, the global leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology. The company introduced an array of product updates in the geospatial data collection platform aimed at improving and streamlining existing surveying services.
Updates include the Matrice 210 RTK V2 + Zenmuse X7, DJI Terra and the Phantom 4 RTK + GS RTK v2.2.
Read More: BeesDrone 4.0 For Property Inspections
“The product improvements we are introducing at InterGeo are significant steps to solidifying DJI’s role as a provider of a next-generation geospatial data collection platform – an essential tool and an integral driver of growth for countless service providers and solution developers,” said Dr. Barbara Stelzner, Director, Marketing and Corporate Communication, DJI Europe.
Matrice 210 RTK V2 + Zenmuse X7
DJI has added a new versatile package to its Enterprise lineup. The Matrice 210 RTK V2 + Zenmuse X7 is a rugged solution that produces photogrammetry models, with centimeter-level accuracy, for precision surveying.
The updates for the DJI Terra expand its capabilities, accelerating data processing, improving accuracy, and streamlining operation. New features include:
- Ground Control Points and Checkpoints can be set to achieve high accuracy reconstructions using drones that are not RTK-enabled.
- Render and visualize a 3D point cloud in real-time for quick decision making on-site and 3D flight planning.
- A new Corridor Mission Plan creates automated flight missions around roads and railways when the user simply draws a line on the map.
- Users can now convert maps and models into 8500+ global coordinate systems based on their needs.
Read More: UAVE Announces New Fall 2019 UAV Flight Training Schedule Dates
Phantom 4 RTK + GS RTK v2.2
The original DJI Phantom 4 RTK launched at the end of 2018 and since undergone several updates. The latest update provides users with more intuitive controls and flexibility in mission execution. Updates include:
- The new Cloud PPK Service enables image uploads and PPK corrections right in the GS RTK app.
- Break large areas into multiple flight missions automatically using the Block Segmentation feature, improving the efficiency in mission planning and the map accuracy.
- Absolute Altitude Flight ensures mission repeatability and consistency across different operators.
- By using the D-RTK 2 High Precision GNSS Mobile Station as an RTK rover, users can now enjoy more flexibility in mission planning and execution.
For product availability and pricing please visit UAVExperts.com.