Introducing The New DJI Osmo Mobile 3
This morning, during the Transform Your World event, DJI, the global leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology, announced the launch of its latest smartphone gimbal, the DJI Osmo Mobile 3.
Osmo Mobile 3 is the ideal companion for all of life’s adventures. It’s lightweight, foldable, and portable, making it incredibly convenient and the most travel-friendly Osmo Mobile to date. This ultra-compact mobile phone stabilizer reimagines the Osmo Mobile concept with a completely new design as well as locking mechanisms to ensure effortless transportation when on the go. Weighing only 405 g and with a battery life of 15+ hours, users are sure to never miss life’s most memorable moments.
Read More: Drone Takes Over a Nearby Smart TV
“When we began designing Osmo Mobile 3, we went back to the drawing board with the goal of creating a portable yet intuitive product that uses the latest DJI technology,” said Paul Pan, Senior Product Manager. “We are excited to introduce DJI’s first gimbal with a folding design and hope it inspires our customers to imagine new ways of recording content with their mobile phones.”
The 3-axis gimbal effectively eliminates shake, delivering smooth and stable footage. Thanks to convenient buttons on the handle, users can control the gimbal’s movement and access useful features with ease. Quick Roll rotates the orientation from portrait to landscape by pressing the Mode (M) button twice without the need to remove the mobile device. The redesigned form no longer obstructs the charging and audio ports, allowing for easy connection to charge the device or use external mics. A trigger helps maneuver the gimbal by locking orientation, rotating the gimbal for selfies, and even re-centering when tracking a subject.
Read More: HAPSMobile Receives Authorization to Fly HAWK30 in the Stratosphere Above the Hawaiian Island of Lanai
Users can capture ultra-steady video footage and unique content using intelligent features programmed into the latest version of the DJI Mimo app. An intuitive design meets functionality with Osmo Mobile 3, featuring simplified operation and adjustments. Features include:
- Story Mode: Bring creative editing to your video with a host of preset music, video transitions, and filters. Choose one of 13 fun templates and Mimo will handle the camera movement for you. After shooting, Mimo automatically generates your very own professionally edited short video, ready to be shared.
- Gesture Control: Easily snap a selfie without pressing any buttons. Once Gesture Control is enabled, show a “peace sign” or put up your palm and Osmo Mobile 3 will begin a photo timer countdown.
- Sport Mode: Similar to the useful feature from the DJI Ronin series, Sport mode increases the response speed of the device to keep up when shooting fast-moving scenes.
- ActiveTrack 3.0: DJI’s image recognition and deep learning algorithms allow Osmo Mobile 3 to recognize and follow subjects of your choice, perfect for capturing family moments easily with a tap.
- TimeLapse & MotionLapse: If you’re looking to turn minutes into seconds, Timelapse is perfect for capturing unique content with the effect of the world moving faster around you, while Motionlapse adds the dynamic element of movement to your Timelapse by setting points for the camera to move to.
- HyperLapse: Take the appealing visuals from Timelapse and add movement by manually moving Osmo Mobile 3 with you. Additionally, HyperLapse not only supports real-time Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) but also ActiveTrack 3.0.
- Panorama: Get a wider perspective with panorama mode. Users can choose between 3×3 and 180° panorama modes.
- Slow Motion: Slow down the world around you with 4X or 8X Slow Motion.
Available for purchase today, the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 comes in two different purchasing options for the Osmo Mobile 3, the standard version and the combo version. The standard version is priced at $119 and includes a storage pouch, wrist strap, charging cable, etc. The combo version is $139 and includes everything in the standard version, plus the Osmo Grip Tripod and Osmo Carrying Case.
The Osmo Mobile 3 Standard will ship immediately, and the Combo will start shipping in late August.
To purchase, or for more information, please visit UAVExperts.com