Dowellin DWI DF32 5 8Ghz FPV Drone Flight Test Review
This FPV quadcopter has a great camera that takes quality 720p video. Find it here http://shrsl.com/?~auxk It’s FPV is perfect for helping to aim the camera at subjects on the ground. It’s flying ability is also very similar to the X5C, being a very stable flier. Good for beginners to learn to fly with.
Similar to the X5C, the camera of this quadcopter is pointed slightly downward. This makes FPV flying very difficult as the downward angle becomes more pronounced as the quadcopter pitches for forward flight. Thus objects directly ahead of the quadcopter may not be visible on the FPV screen, again making FPV flying difficult.
Really the FPV screen is best used to aim the camera at video subjects while the quadcopter is in hover. With that in mind, this quadcopter should be thought of as a good aerial video platform with a real-time camera viewfinder, and not as an FPV flier.
– Great quality 720p video.
– FPV screen visible (but not bright) in daylight. The screen makes a great camera viewfinder for aiming aerial video.
– Well under 0.55 pounds (about 100 grams). Tell the FAA to go pack it 😉
– Stable flier for beginners at low rate.
– Includes headless mode and one key return.
– Syma X5C clone. Flies like an X5C. Can use widely available Syma X5C batteries. Flight time is over 8 minutes with X5C 650mah battery.
– Constructed of flexible impact resistant plastic.
– Control range relatively short at only about 60 meters.
– The downward angle of the camera makes FPV flying difficult.
– Camera stops recording by itself at intermittent time periods. Requires constant monitoring of the FPV screen to verify that the video recording has not stopped.
Type: RC Simulators
Features: Radio Control
Functions: Camera, 3D rollover, Forward/backward, FPV, Turn left/right, Sideward flight, Up/down, With light
Built-in Gyro: Yes
Night Flight: Yes
Material: Electronic components, Plastic
Remote Control: 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Control
Mode: Mode 1 & Mode 2(Left & Right Hand Throttle)
Control Distance: About 100m (I only got aout 60m)
Transmitter Power: 4 x 1.5V AA battery(not included)
Model Power: Built-in rechargeable battery
Charging Time: About 100min
Flying Time: 6~7mins (Over 8 minutes with X5C 650mah battery)
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.