FPV MANTA – EPIC Oregon Coastline Review & Flight
MANTA on Oregon Coast! – The most epic FPV Manta Review yet. A quick overview and look at what you get with the Manta and then at 6:45 we go on a road trip to a massive 200ft sand dune and cliffside for some fpv action. What a perfect day to fly the Manta.
Fpv Manta available here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/fpv-manta-bnf-basic-blh01000
Full FPV Manta Review :
What I liked :
– Fpv system all pre-built and wired. I didn’t have to plug in
a single wire to go fly.
– EPO foam construction
– High end components included
– Immersion RC / Fatshark Fpv gear
– Castle Creations 35A Esc
– Spektrum Long Range AR636A / AS3X Reciever
– 3 Flight Modes, Launch, Intermediate, and Experienced.
– Failsafe throttle cut to glide in. We tested on the beach
and the Manta safely came to rest on the beach without going in nose first. Very nice glide ratio and perfect CG balance.
– Blade 2221 – 1800k Motor
– (2) HQ 5.5 Inch props included. You can also use a 6″ prop.
– Metal servos! Spektrum H3050 Heli cyclic servo. Very nice.
– 600mw FPV Transmitter! Superior range for a BNF.
– Compatible with FOCAL or Fatshark Goggles with 5.8Ghz Modules.
– 3 Sheets of stickers to choose from. Mix or match.
– Two styles of winglets included. Speed and flipped up. Your choice.
– Strong double ply motor mount.
– Launch mode works very nice.
– Immersion RC RHCP Antenna included.
– FPV box already built and wired up. Just add your Gopro and fly.
– 700 TVL Fatshark CMOS Fpv Camera. Already installed.
– Quick release canopy for accessing battery and fpv camera.
– Streamlined wing design. Very efficient at 0 throttle into the wind.
– FAST. On 4S the Manta will do close to 95mph.
– I do like the fact that Horizon Hobby is a domestic USA business that I can call anytime I have an issue. They don’t hide their contact information like some companies. Horizon product support: 877-504-0233
– No OSD. I really want OSD on this. If you fly long range you need full telemetry, distance from home point, and battery level etc.
– No return to home. Failsafe activates and it glides to a unpowered landing.
– For a 2.0 version I would like to see an OSD, GPS, Return to loiter, and maybe some RTH on the wing. This would increase cost but I think people would absolutely love it.
– Prop nut on the motor in my opinion could be better. Instead of a mount around the shaft. It should be a dual nut setup. Other ling range wings have this in case you loose one nut you don’t loose your prop in flight. If you have trouble putting your prop collar on the motor shaft do this: Use a phillips head screw driver in the end of the collar and tighten the nut until it just fits on the motor shaft. Then it will tighten up without spinning on you. * Hope that helps.
My collar was spinning and not tightening on the motor shaft. It took some quick Macgyver thinking.
Drone Camps Community :
Subscribe for weekly new
drones, honest reviews, prototypes,
tutorials, and tech gadgets. – Mon – Fri
To get your product reviewed please email:
drone camps @ gmail. com
Drone Camps RC
LIKE us on Facebook
FOLLOW on Instagram: Drone Camps RC