Hubsan H501S X4 Advanced – HIT A TREE & Follow Me – TESTED
The affordable “Follow Me” Drone with GPS called the Hubsan H501S just came in and I got to test it for you. I show off the main features, gps hold, altitude hold, return to home, and the cool Follow me mode. Enjoy the flight test and follow me footage. This is one of the best drones with GPS for under $300 out there. I will be keeping this one for myself to fly.
Buy a Hubsan H501S Advanced here:
Drone Camps Hubsan H501S Advanced Review
– GPS for modes: GPS Hold, Altitude Hold, and Return to home.
– Follow Me Mode for filming with no hands!
– 1080p HD Camera and Photos
– Brushless Motors
– Upgraded Transmitter with Video Patch Antenna. Makes a huge difference flying FPV at long range of 300 meters. Clean video signal is really important.
– Micro SD card slot on the under side of the drone. Up to 32gb
– Comes with two sets of props
– 2S Battery provides up to 20mins of flight time
– Spin on props. Use the included motor hold wrench. It makes it much easier to tighten the props on the motor shaft.
– New Transmitter has a 3.7 inch built in screen with full telemetry from the drone. Displays : Flight Modes, video, photo, lat and longitude, Transmitter battery voltage, drone battery voltage, position from home, height, and sub menus.
– Compact drone size. Great for traveling.
– Flies really well in wind. We tested in 15-20mph.
– No stabilized gimbal for video. But price is good for what you get.
Final Thoughts :
The Husban H501S Advanced is a great upgrade from the previous version’s controller. This new sleek controller feels natural in my hands and has a way better patch antenna for the video signal. If you were to choose between the non-upgraded version and this one I would spend the extra money to get this transmitter. Plus you can use any 12V 3S lipo with a JST connector for this transmitter. The follow me mode works as good as expected. I did notice that it does work better if you are higher up and going in a straight line. If you move from side to side it has to adjust angle frequently. Which results in jerky video. Normal video mode works as expected. This is not stabilized video. The video could be better but for this price point I can just stabilize it on Youtube or my video editor. The overall quality of the drone is 5 stars. Very sleek and solid feeling drone in your hands. It does not feel cheap like some of the other drones out there. The transmitter also gets 5 stars for the overall design, feel, and comfort of use. I would recommend labeling yours. You will never remember the ON-OFF switch positions. Great drone in my opinion. I always like flying the Hubsan drones.
Star Rating: 5
I went with 5 stars on this because there is little to complain
about for this drone. Price is good. Great modes, and build quality make this a very competitive drone in the industry.
Review by: Justin Davis
Music by: Ukiyo
Drone Camps Community :
Subscribe for weekly new
drones, honest reviews, prototypes,
tutorials, and tech gadgets. – Mon – Fri
To get your product reviewed please email:
drone camps @ gmail. com
Drone Camps RC
LIKE us on Facebook
FOLLOW on Instagram: Drone Camps RC