JJRC X1 Cheapest RTF Brushless Drone Camera Test Flight
This cheap brushless quadcopter has plenty of lifting power, stability, and fantastic range. Attach just about any action camera, and it becomes a great video drone. Find the JJRC X1 here http://www.banggood.com/JJRC-X1-With-Brushless-Motor-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1011622.html?p=RB0922217402201307U3
– Currently this is the cheapest ready to fly brushless motor quadcopter.
– Powerful D1806 – 2280KV brushless motors with 6 inch props provide plenty of lifting power. Should be able to lift most action cameras such as GoPro.
– Transmitter range of between 300 to 400 meters. Should be able to fly it and control it as far as you can see it.
– Extremely maneuverable. Also has the power to maintain altitude at steep pitch = extremely fast quadcopter.
-Not recommended for beginners. High speed turning propellers can be a hazard. Also, this quadcopter accelerates quickly and can be somewhat hard for a beginner to both control and maintain orientation.
– Motor starting and shutdown procedures are complex, and quite different than most other quadcopters.
– Landing gear is bouncy and somewhat unstable. Quadcopter can easily tip in a landing possibly causing damage to propellers.
– Body shell plastic seems to be stiff and possibly fragile. May not be very impact resistant to crashes.
– I couldn’t get the flip button to work. But it may be my inability to understand the translated English of the user manual.
Brand Model: JJRC X1
Functions: Up/down, Aileron Trim, Forward/backward, Idle Trim / Stop, Aileron Elevator, 360 degrees spin, Rudder Switch, With light, Turn left/right
Age: Above 14 years old
Built-in Gyro: Yes
Night Flight: Yes
Material: ABS/PS, Electronic components
Remote Control: 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Control
Mode: Mode 2 (Left Hand Throttle)
Control Distance: 300-400m
Quadcopter Battery: 7.4V 1300mah (provided)
Charging Time: About 90mins
Flying Time: 13-15mins
Transmitter Power: 4 x 1.5V AA battery(not included)
Dimension and Weight
Flying Weight (with battery and prop guards): 284 grams (i.e. will require FAA registration)
Package Contents: 1 x Quadcopter, 1 x Transmitter, 1 x English Manual, 4 x Propeller, 2 x Landing Bar, 4 x Propeller Protector, 1 x Charger
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.