JXD 518 Beginners GPS HD Camera FPV Quadcopter Flight Test Review
This drone’s GPS system greatly eases flying and reduces chance of loss. Also includes 720p HD and FPV. Uses 5G (802.11ac) WiFi. Verify your phone/tablet is 802.11AC WiFi capable before purchasing. Find it here and use coupon Sale12 to get $14 off https://goo.gl/2jhfUA and find the QuadPort landing pad here http://amzn.to/2i96Wua
– GPS for automatic position hold, and return to home capability on command, or on lost contact or low battery. Great beginner’s GPS quadcopter.
– 720p HD camera that produces good video.
– Good performing WiFi FPV with great range (I got over 170 meters). Uses 5G (802.11ac) WiFi to achieve as 5G WiFi as there is no interference from the quadcopter’s 2.4 Ghz controller.
In-flight video is viewed directly on your smartphone via its JXD app available on Google Play here https://goo.gl/KVkY1Y and iTunes here https://goo.gl/EfUKvx . App includes display of telemetry values including video recording status, distance, height, and remaining battery power. If app loses WiFi signal from quadcopter, will automatically reconnect if signal is regained.
– Flight time of approximately 6 minutes with its 600mah battery. Although spare JXD 518 batteries are not available yet, am pretty sure that you can use JJRC H55 batteries in their place 😉
– Uses 5G (802.11ac) WiFi for long range FPV. Not everyone has a 5G WiFi capable phone. Verify that your phone/tablet is 802.11ac WiFi capable before purchasing!
– Return to home is very slow.
– Small brushed motors with 2S battery means extra care will be needed to prevent motor burnouts. Recommend turning the propellers by hand before and after each flight to make sure that there is no unusual resistance (such as from dirt in the gears). Also, make a habit of using the emergency stop button after each landing or crash to make sure the motors stop. An accidental landing in tall grass or a crash while the motors continue trying to turn can result in motor burnout.
– No on/off button. Remember to unplug the battery after each flight to prevent damage to the battery.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.