It looks like Mota Group’s LILY® division is taking another chance on the Lily Drone. The company, who acquired assets of Lily Robotics in 2017, announces the launch of the Lily Next-Gen™ Drone, as well as the Lily Rewards Program.
“Lily Robotics’ vision was a fun and simple selfie drone for highly active people,” said Mota Group President Michael Faro. “We’re passionate about that ideal. People are ready for friendly and exceptionally easy to use camera drones.”
Lily Next-Gen Drone
Lily Next-Gen gives users most of what the Lily drone promised plus a lot more.
- With up to 18 minutes of flight time,* Lily Next-Gen records video in 4K ultra HD or 1080p via a Sony IMX 214 camera. One or two extra batteries, depending on the model, are included.
- The Next-Gen has multiple one-touch functions, including flight operations and media sharing.
- It captures follow-me video selfies using object tracking software to follow the user or another person. It can also perform continuous 360⁰ orbits around single point.
- For pilots who want to fly further, Lily Next-Gen can be flown up to 3,280 feet from its take-off point.*
- Image stabilization helps ensure smooth video footage. The camera provides a still photo resolution of 13 MP.
- The Next-Gen is flyable indoors using optic flow and ultrasonic positioning to avoid obstacles below it.
- Outdoors, geofencing and automatic return to its take-off point help keep it safe.
The Next-Gen folds to the width of a smartphone for easy travel: 8 inches long, 3 inches wide and 2 inches high. Take-off weight is 14.6 ounces. Unlike the original Lily drone specification which envisioned a two-hour recharge, the battery is user swappable for minimal downtime between flights.
Lily Next-Gen does not offer IP67 waterproofing and throw to fly, features that Lily Robotics had advertised. Lily customers surveyed preferred a longer flight time and greater affordability over those capabilities, which would have increased complexity, significantly increased cost, and reduced performance.
Lily Next-Gen will be available at major retailers in the U.S. and worldwide in November, and will be offered in the following configurations:
Lily Next-Gen Pro
Includes the Lily Next-Gen, one spare battery (two batteries total), a set of four extra propellers, a charger, a totable padded carry case for the drone, charger, batteries and accessories that includes a separate padded protective sleeve for the drone, an owner’s manual, and a one-year product replacement limited warranty if the drone is returned to us. The MSRP for the Lily Next-Gen Pro is $699.00.
Lily Next-Gen Full Bundle
Everything in the Lily Next-Gen Pro plus a smartphone/tablet-mountable controller, two additional spare batteries (three batteries total), and a one-year flyaway replacement limited warranty if the drone is lost, which is limited to one replacement drone per customer. The MSRP for the Lily Next-Gen Full Bundle is $899.00.
The Lily Reward Program
For original Lily Robotics customers who purchase the Lily Next-Gen, Mota Group, Inc. is offering up to 1,000,000 shares of common stock, with no payment required other than the product order. The opportunity to acquire the stock will be made only after their offering statement is qualified by the SEC.
In addition, the Lily Reward Program will provide promotional discounts and placement of the customer’s name on a “Lily Friends” web page exclusively for original customers of the Lily drone. Lily Robotics customers may place an order immediately, but will not be eligible to receive Mota shares. The Lily Reward Program share giveaway cannot begin until the SEC qualifies an offering statement filed by Mota. Therefore, the program is only for orders placed after this offering statement has been qualified by the SEC and a final offering circular is sent to eligible Lily Robotics customers.
Lily Robotics customers may visit http://www.lily.camera/next, to indicate a no-obligation expression of interest to participate in the Lily Reward Program.