MJX X102H Large Altitude Hold Camera Drone Flight Test Review
This large upgrade to the X101 quadcopter includes altitude hold, inverted propellers, plenty of lifting power, and a GoPro camera mount. Buy it here http://www.banggood.com/MJX-X102H-Upgrade-X101-X-SERIES-2_4G-4CH-6Axis-Altitude-Hold-One-Key-Return-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1059077.html?p=RB0922217402201307U3&utm_content=xinweiwu
– Cool looking candy apple red design.
– Pusher propellers for slight increase in lift, and decrease in vibration from propeller downwash on the arms.
– Plenty of lifting power. Designed to lift GoPro style cameras. Comes with a GoPro mount.
– Battery is generic 7.4V 1200mah with red JST connector. Should be able to find spares.
– Large powerful quadcopter
– No “flip” button. Why is this a pro? Well, these large brushed motor quadcopters easily burn out motors by doing flips. Preventing the pilot from doing flips will improve motor longevity.
– No flyaway issue. Motors slow to an idle within a couple seconds of losing signal.
– Altitude hold
– Automatic takeoff and landing.
– One key return and headless mode.
– Requires FAA registration
– Very slow throttle response for climbing and descending. Not very maneuverable or speedy. Not sure if this could handle much wind?
– No quick way to shut down motors in a crash.
– Too many functions assigned per button. Upper left shoulder buttons are extremely confusing. It’s easily possible to get confused and accidentally enter headless mode, or alternate control modes in flight (try switching between Mode 2, Mode 1… while flying, and see if you can stay in the air 😉
– Very shaky bird. Lots of vibration noted with my Runcam. Possibility of jello. Not sure if GoPro style cameras would perform better.
– No easy access to motors. Motor replacement will require disassembly of the helicopter.
– Prop guards are ….. eh, I don’t want to go into it 🙁
– Easily flips over in landings.
Brand Name: MJX
Item NO.: X102H
Frequency : 2.4G
Channel : 4CH
Fuselage length: 500mm
Overall height: 160mm
Main rotor diameter: 220mm
Copter battery: 7.4V 1200mAh LiPo Battery (included)
Transmitter Power: 4 x 1.5V AA battery (not included)
Remote distance: 100m
Charging time: About 180mins
Flying time: About 11mins
Copter Weight: 430g
Package Weight :1250g
Package Size :42×8.3×31.5cm
With Headless Mode,no need to adjust the position of aircraft before flying.
With One Key Return function ,makes it easily to find the way home.
6-Axis gyro quad-rotorcraft flight, strong stability,can easily implement various flight movements, stronger wind resistance, easier to control.
Can be mounted module C4015/C4016/C4018 camera components for upgrade (Module C4015/C4016/C4018 are not included in the package). Also FPV real-time transmission.
With altitude hold mode, adopt the advanced barometer to automatically maintain flying alitude, one key start / landing / unlock.
Available phone controller. Download APP “MJX H”, open the phone WIFI connect to the WIFI camera, can use APP remote control the drone.
The quadcopter can fly both indoor and outdoor.Including 4CH digital proportional RC system.
Inverted Flight, Rolling 180° ,3D Flip
Functions: Up/down, turn left / right, forward / backward, left / right sidewayfly, headless mode, with light, 3D rolling
1 x Quadcopter, 1 x Transmitter, 1 x 7.4V 1200mAh LiPo Battery, 4 x Spare Blade, 4 x Protection Frame, 2 x Landing Skid, 30 x Screw, 1 x Screwdriver, 1 x Camera Accessory, 1 x Camera Mount, 1 x USB Charger, 1 x Manual
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.