Quadcopter 101 Keeper Series The Wingsland Scarlet Minivet
I often get asked if there are any quadcopters that I have not donated to charities. In other words, exceptional quads that I just couldn’t part with. Well, yes, there are a few. Buy it here http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_203037.html?lkid=10113133
The Wingsland Scarlet Minivet is a well-built quadcopter packed with features, including a three axis stabilized gimbal, a remotely operated FPV camera, and FPV screen telemetry on-screen display.
– Very well built and sturdy brushless motor quadcopter.
– Great flight control range at up to 800 meters.
– Good flight time at up to 20 minutes (dependent on flight profile).
– Rapid GPS satellite reception, and good/steady GPS position hold flight.
– 11.1V, 5100mah smart battery. Includes built-in balance charging circuit and auto shutdown / auto storage mode.
– Three axis stabilized gimbal.
– 4MP / 1080p (30 fps) / 720p (60 fps) still and video camera.
– On screen telemetry display including camera status, range, speed, altitude, and remaining battery life.
– GPS position hold, altitude hold, circle me (POI), headless mode, and return to landing flight modes (automatic on LOS or one key selectable).
– Gimbal requires firmware update and some adjustment before first use via its configuration software.
– Tilt control only of the gimbal.
– FPV screen is very small and low resolution. FPV reception with the built-in antenna is also very short with maximum range between 50 to 100 meters. With this in mind, the receiver screen is not useable for FPV flying. Instead it’s primary use would be simply for preparing the camera and quadcopter before flight. However, this screen can easily be replaced with a better FPV receiver and monitor system.
I feel that this quadcopter may be suitable as a low cost, yet easy to use commercial drone. Such as for realtors desiring aerial footage of their listings. The POI “circle me” feature would be particularly useful for featuring a listing.
Note that there are firmware upgrades available for the flight control board. But I’m a firm believer in the old adage “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”. Thus I have NOT upgraded my firmware, nor do I intend to unless I experience obvious problems with the current flight control software. But, a firmware update of the gimbal is necessary to avoid erratic gimbal behavior with its default software.
Brand Name: Wingsland
Item Name: Scarlet Minivet RC Quadcopter
Weight ( Including batteries and paddle ): 1085g
Battery: Lithium battery 5200mAh
Remote Control Range (open outdoor): 800m
Remote control working frequency: 2.4G
Maximum resolution: 1920 x 1080
HD video: HD 1080p 30 or 720p 60
FPV working frequency: 5.8G
Maximum FPV communication distance (open outdoor): 600M (I experienced only 50M).
Height changes your aesthetic view
Intelligent Multi-operating Modes
High-precision 3 Axis GIMBAL
Integrated intelligent battery
Built-in OSD for flight parameters display
With 10 Channels controller
Copter / GIMBAL / Camera controllable simultaneously
Support free switching between Right Hand Throttle and Left Hand Throttle
Package Contents: 1 x Wingsland Scarlet Minivet RC Quadcopter with 3 Axis Gimbal, 1 x Transmitter, 1 x HD Monitor, 1 x HD camera, 1 x Battery
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.