Red MJX Bugs 3 FPV Sport Drone Flight Test Review
This cheap brushless quadcopter is my number 1 recommendation for intermediate fliers (but NOT for beginners). Find it here https://goo.gl/EUzWic Though it is an excellent camera drone, where it really shines is just plain sport flying. Attach a cheap all-in-one (AIO) FPV camera for extra fun!
Comes in black or red versions (I’ve demonstrated both). But other than color, there is no difference between the two. Grab whichever one is cheaper.
– Great camera drone. Comes with long landing legs and a camera mount for GoPro style cameras.
– Excellent sport flier with landing legs removed.
– Telemetry between the quadcopter and transmitter provides warning of low battery and range limit. Warning is via audible beeping on the transmitter.
– Currently feel that this is the best of the low cost brushless quadcopters. Yes it is better than JJRC X1/X2, Bayangtoys X16, and XK X251, providing the best balance of sport flying and capability as an aerial video platform.
– Its XT30 battery connection port concerns me, and I feel is its weak point. Closely examining it, there may be a possibility to accidentally plug the battery in with reversed polarity if not careful (possible fire risk). Additionally, the port is deeply recessed. It is easily possible for a user to accidentally not fully seat the plug, which may cause loss of power and crashing if the plug becomes unseated, such as from a hard maneuver or flip.
– Weighs more than 250 grams, and will require FAA registration.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.