Shuriken 250 – NO BUILDING REQUIRED – Racer Quad Review
FULL Review of the Holybro Shrunken 250. Quick introduction, flight test, and then some studio close ups. Coolest thing about this one is that you get your choice of a Spektrum, FrSky, or Futuba Receiver with your 250 at purchase. – Enjoy the 250 guys! – Justin.
Holybro Shuriken USA/Worldwide dealer list :
Drone Camps Overview Pros VS Cons :
– Durable frame and lots of industrial plastic bumpers.
– 3mm Carbon top plate
– 700 TVL CMOS Camera, Switchable from NTSC to PAL
– 25mw Switchable to 600mw Video transmitter
– Easy to mount a Gopro on. *Carbon mount available.
– Runs 5″ props. Standard 5045 tri-props. 2 sets included.
– Includes extra carbon standoff plate for an external receiver mount.
– Race spec motors: 2205-2550kv
– 4S or 3S compatible. 1300mah 4S recommended by Holybro.
– 40 Channel VTX with 5 bands including Raceband.
– 5.8Ghz Circular Polarized Antenna included
– Slim carrying case included with handle.
– Optional SBUS, or PPM ports.
– The CPU is running 32bit. Very modern CPU.
– Loaded right up in Cleanflight. Has an F3 onboard. *Might be
compatible with Betaflight! You know you want it.
– Elevated Fpv camera mounted on grommets for less vibes in flight video.
– Standard XT60 battery port
– Recessed USB port
– CW and CCW 3mm motor shafts
– Push button switchable Vtx Channels
– Receiver bind button on the rear. Very easy to get to.
– 30A Blheli ESCs! with Oneshot 125 and Motor Braking. 40A peak! Nice!
– Dampened internal IMU for smoother flights.
– Super clean OSD included with battery voltage and flight report screen.
– Low voltage alarm. ( set yours lower. Mine was set default too high )
– Flys like a rocket on full throttle.
– Probably as fast as a Vortex pro or similar $500 quads.
– Fiberglass PDB “all in one” plate on the bottom that extends out to the motors. I didn’t break it but I worry I would. The whole thing feels durable though.
– In my flight tests it seemed to suck up a 4S 1300mah battery within 3-4mins. Which is about average with a race quad this size.
– If a battery strap breaks you have to take the top off to put a new one on. I would like this to be external mounted on the next version.
Overall Impression : This quad is a BEAST for those who don’t want to build anything. The coolest quad I have unboxed that I was flying within 10 minutes. Arco mode is not enabled in Cleanflight so you will have to set that up. I broke the top off the included antenna on the first flight. Not a big deal. Put some hot glue on the top of it and keep flying it. Hot glue helps protect is better I believe.
Who is this for? – Beginner to Expert pilots.
Race worthy? – YES very race worthy.
Can I win a race with it? – God yes.
Worth the $? – Yes in my opinion.
Construction quality: 4 Stars
Items needed to complete:
Battery, and Radio
Star Rating: 4 ” Good for the money! ” – Acceptable durability.
-.5 for the bottom “all in one” PDB that extends out to the motors.
-5. for power system that is battery hungry.
Review by Justin Davis
Drone Camps Community :
Subscribe for weekly new
drones, honest reviews, prototypes,
tutorials, and tech gadgets. – Mon – Fri
To get your product reviewed please email:
drone camps @ gmail. com
Drone Camps RC
LIKE us on Facebook
FOLLOW on Instagram: Drone Camps RC