SwellPro Swift 2 Waterproof RTF FPV Racing Drone Flight Test Review
This waterproof RTF racer is a great drone for those intermediate fliers wishing to transition into FPV racing, without the hassle of assembly and tuning issues seen in many other FPV racers. It reall is fully assembled and ready to fly! Buy it here http://bit.ly/2fccOPy Available in three versions, ARF, RTF, and FPV. I flew the RTF version in this video (I needed to supply my own goggles). The FPV version is the same as RTF version, but comes with the addition of a 5.8Ghz FPV monitor screen.
– Fully assembled. Just charge the battery, insert some AA’s into the transmitter, and you’re ready to go! Darn good flier out of the box. But if you really want to fiddle with it, it’s F3 flight control board is fully configurable/tunable via Cleanflight.
– The transmitter is also ready to go out of the box. But can be configured if desired via its touch screen interface.
– Transmitter has a safety feature in that it alerts you that the quadcopter’s battery is still plugged and can’t be turned off until the quadcopter’s battery is unplugged.
– 800 TVL camera with F2.5 aperture (good in low light conditions).
– 40 channel FPV transmitter. FPV transmitter’s output power is selectable at 25, 200, and 400 mW (I was using 200mW set in the above video).
– On screen display setup to display flight mode, battery voltage, instantaneous amperage, mah consumed, flight orientation, and total flying time.
– Water resistant. All important electriical flight components have aprotective coating to be resitant to water corrosion and shorting. Now you can land (crash) in the wet grass or puddle without worry.
– All flight components are well protected and enclosed within carbon fiber fuselage shell.
– Up to 15 minutes of flying with its large 3S 2600 mah battery (I got about 10 minutes with aggressive flying).
– Comes with TWO 3S 2600mah batteries. You’ll have a spare to keep flying 🙂
– The flight mode switch was mislabeled. The stock settings (as confirmed in Cleanflight) are Up = Stabilize, Center = Intermediate (horizon mode), and Down = Advanced (Acro / Rate mode)
– Although modular in design, some components are proprietary (ex. ESC’s) and will require purchasing from SwellPro if replacements are needed.
A professional, ready to fly, compact but aggressive and yet elegant racing drone! Do not blink, because it’s fast!
1.Max flight speed up to 150km/h
2.220mm rotor-to-rotor diameter
3.With #2205 2300KV motors
4.Equipped with 5-inch 3 blade propeller, can choose the 4-inch or 5-inch, 2 blade or 3blade propeller.
5.3S 2600mah Lipo battery
6.120°wide angle FPV camera lens
8.With touch setting OSD screen, 1KM range
9.5.8G real time video transmitter
10.Quick exchangeable 5.8G clover antenna
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.