Thieye Dr.X FPV 1080p Camera Selfie Drone Flight Test Review
This little drone includes a 1080p camera, microSD card recording, and optical flow position hold. It may be found here (try coupon GB-THTiEYE ) https://goo.gl/WcehnJ
– Small and portable
– Optical flow position hold automatically maintains the drone’s hover position without need of input from the pilot.
– 1080p Full HD camera that records video directly to an onboard microSD card (card is not included with drone).
– Drone control along with real time FPV video is done with your smart phone using the “Thieye Dr. X” app available on Google Play here https://goo.gl/6adCyQ and iTunes here https://goo.gl/YPZXAr
– Uses common 2.4Ghz WiFi which is fully compatible with most phones and tablets.
– Includes “selfie” mode option where the camera side can be set as the back side. This makes aiming and taking selfie pictures and videos very easy.
– Also includes 360 degree rotate mode where the drone will take video while slowly pan 360 degrees in automatic hover.
– Can be hand toss launched.
– 650mah battery provides over 6 minutes flight time.
– Does not include electronic image stabilization (EIS). As such, this drone is not really a competitor to the Ryze Tello, but more closely matches the Xiaomi Mitu drone
– Charging can be confusing at first. The drone automatically powers on when plugged in to the charger. It is important to manually turn off the drone after plugging it in, or else the drone’s battery will not charge.
– Drone will drift in a stiff wind.
– Very slow to descend. Don’t recommend sending this up high to avoid flyaway potential.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.