UDI i251HW Folding FPV Camera Drone Flight Test Review
This little folding quadcopter is very portable, and includes telemetry for low battery warning, altitude, and relative signal strength. Find it here and use coupon code ‘UDI5″ for 5 dollars savings https://goo.gl/KZwAcf
– All arms easily fold for compact transportability.
– Altitude hold, auto takeoff and landing, and headless mode.
– Good flier, maneuverable yet steady for aerial photography.
– Can be controlled either via its provided controller or via the Flyingsee app available on Google Play here https://goo.gl/tDP7pL iTunes here https://goo.gl/WAUkEE
– 7.4V 350mah battery gives flight time close to 6 minutes flight time.
– Include telemetry warning through controller for low battery and weak control signal. Flyingsee app also shows quadcopter’s battery level, height, and received signal strength (RSSI).
– Proprietary battery and charger.
– Low resolution 0.3MP video. Camera is also angled downward making FPV flying difficult.
– The quadcopter is listed as having a 2MP camera as it also takes and saves “photos” in 2MP resolution. However the photos have been blown up (interpolated) from the camera’s low resolution 0.3MP sensor. There is no mention of 720p video in the listing, and indeed this quadcopter only records video in 640×480 pixel resolution.
– Relatively short range WiFi FPV signal, with quite a bit of WiFi lag in recorded video.
– Proprietary battery.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.