Unicorn 220 – Best New Chinese RTF Racer Quad
Check out this sleek new flat profile racer quad. The Unicorn 220 is loaded with pro racer pilot specs, and can run on 3S or 4S. This video includes a quick unboxing, comparison, and flight test. In my opinion this is one of the best Chinese rtf quads this year.
Buy a Unicorn 220 from GearBest here:
Star Rating: 5 out of 5.
I didn’t demote any stars on this one because it flew like something
I built out of the box. Fast, tuned, and super fun. Without all the building.
Drone Camps PROS vs CONS:
– High end ESCs with Oneshot 2-4S Compatible
– Sleek new flat profile frame.
– Very durable. I crashed this hard a few times. No damage.
– Loaded with pro racer specs
– SPRacing F3 Flight Controller
– 2204 Brushless Motors
– DAL Props Included ( trust me you want these )
– Programmable Radio.
– SBUS, add your own radio: Taranis, Spectrum, Etc.
– Loaded right up in Cleanflight
– Default setup: Stability and Horizontal Mode. *Add Acro needed.
– 700 TVL Camera with 45 Degree tilt
– Nice plastic surround with motor guards.
– Includes a nice 3S Charger
– 3S 1500 Battery ( popular size )
– Smaller than a 250, great power on 4S!
– 220 is quickly becoming the largest size this year.
– 40 Channel VTX for racing
– Works with Fatshark or any 5.8Ghz Goggles
– Recessed and programmable rear LEDs very visible to others
Honestly I think there could be some vents on the arms just to keep
the ESCs a little cooler. I did notice when I ripped it on 4S that the arms did feel quite warm when I landed. If you are flying in a hot area I would suggest dremeling some vent holes in the quad arms. At the end of the day this is not a Vortex Pro, but it’s also not $500.
The Chinese RTFs are starting to catch up with the pack. The Unicorn 220 is ahead of most of them for a lot of reasons. I will be keeping this one for my personal enjoyment.
Review Courtesy of Drone Camps RC
To get your product reviewed please email:
drone camps @ gmail. com
Drone Camps RC