Walkera Rodeo 150 (F150) FPV Racer Drone Flight Test Review
Don’t let the size of this little 150 FPV racing quadcopter fool you. It’s a little rocket! Find it here https://goo.gl/xuT91E
– Cool looking design. Looks like a little bug to me.
– Loud beeper which alerts on low battery, or fail safe. Upon loss of signal, the quadcopter’s motors shut down and the beeper starts to alert you of the quadcopter’s location.
– Ready to fly out of the box. Comes with Devo 7 transmitter. Do not need to reconfigure anything, transmitter is ready to go.
– FCS-Rodeo 150 (F3) flight control board is fully configurable. I opened it with Cleanflight, but changed nothing for this flight. Stock settings seem fine as-is out of the box. Just take it out of the box, connect the FPV antenna, charge your batteries, and go flying. But you can always come back later, and tweak it if you like.
– Small and maneuverable. Can even fly this indoors if you want (although its fast spinning props might sting).
– Light (200 grams) with brushless motors = very fast acceleration. Punches out like a rocket.
– 600 TVL camera. FPV transmits Boscam Band B Channels 1 through 8.
– Does not require FAA registration.
– Plastic shell. Hopefully the overall light weight of this quad will minimize momentum to help reduce crash damage.
– Propellers are screw on and seem proprietary.
– The small size and shape of this quadcopter is not really conducive to attaching an external camera. The largest camera that I personally would consider attaching is possibly velcroing an 808 keychain camera.
The brand-new F3 professional flight control system: Provides you a more easily flight and more precise control.
Real time photos transmission: Shares the videos and photos at anytime and anywhere. (I think that the vendor is referring to FPV video transmission here. There is no photo or video recording option with this quadcopter.)
150 size FPV: Allows both indoor and outdoor play.
Gorgeous and unique design: It makes a cool appearance.
About 800 meters control distance: Improves the flight performance.
It supports 40 channels: Suitable for professional race ( We provide the DEVO – 7 transmitter in the package ).
Sideward flight / rollover: Professional and exquisite flight action.
Transmitter ( option ): DEVO – 7.
Takeoff weight: 210g.
Brushless motor spec: WK – WS – 17 – 002.
Receiver: DEVO – RX716.
Main Controller: FCS – Rodeo 150 ( F3 ).
ESC: Rodeo 150 ( CW / CCW ).
Model: Walkera Rodeo 150
Features: 5.8G FPV
Motor Type: Brushless Motor
Functions: 3D rollover,Camera,Forward/backward,FPV,Sideward flight,Turn left/right,Up/down
Built-in Gyro: 6 Axis Gyro
Material: Electronic Components,Plastic
Level: Advanced Level
Remote Control: 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Control
Mode: Mode 2 (Left Hand Throttle)
Detailed Control Distance: About 800m
Transmitter Power: 8 x 1.5V AA battery(not included)
Model Power: 1 x Lithium battery(included)
Battery: 7.4V 800mAh
Flying Time: 7~8mins
Charging Time (h): 2
Camera Pixels: 600 TVL
Dimension and Weight
Package weight: 2.150 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 7.80 x 13.80 x 15.00 cm / 3.07 x 5.43 x 5.91 inches
Package Contents: 1 x Quadcopter, 1 x DEVO – 7 Transmitter, 1 x Camera, 1 x Battery, 1 x Charger, 1 x English Manual
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.