XIANGYU XY017HW 720p HD FPV Camera Drone Flight Test Review
This sleek jet black folding drone is a long flier and includes a 720p HD FPV camera and a well labeled controller. Find it here https://goo.gl/7VHtts
– Sleek stealthy looking drone.
– 720p HD camera with tilting wide angled lens that can be angled up or down. HD video is recorded directly to your smartphone via WiFi.
– Can record 720p HD video directly to your phone, or to microSD card inserted in belly card reader. Must activate recording using the app to start stop videos or take pictures. The camera buttons on the controller are inoperative.
– New 8620 sized motors.
– Well designed controller, with all buttons well labeled (saves deciphering via the control manual).
– Includes altitude hold, automatic takeoff, automatic landing, headless mode, and one key return.
– Good flight time with its 900mah battery of over 8 1/2 minutes. Although the stock battery is proprietary, the quadcopter can also accomodate most 1S batteries with red JST connector.
– Can be controlled using its provided controller, or by its WiFi UFO app available on Google Play here https://goo.gl/JgTQXn or iTunes here https://goo.gl/9d4jva
– Surprisingly, when controlled via the app, the control range is farther (about 80 meters) than when being controlled by the controller (about 50 meters). WiFi control range can be extended even further if a cheap WiFi repeater is used to connect to the quadcopter.
– WiFi UFO app is set to VGA resolution by default. You will need to manually set it to 720p HD the first time that you use it. Otherwise recorded video will not be HD.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.