Xinlin Shiye X198 Brushless GPS Follow Me Drone Flight Test Review
This brushless GPS camera drone has follow me capability, and is available with 720p or 1080p HD FPV cameras. Find it here https://goo.gl/X1a29m
– Brushless motor drone.
– GPS controlled drone with position hold, and return to home and landing capability.
– HD video is recorded to onboard microSD card, and also streamed real time FPV to your smartphone via 802.11ac WiFi.
– Can be controlled via provided controller/transmitter, or via your smartphone using its app.
– FPV video of close to 300 meters is viewable on your smartphone via the “LW-FPV” app available on Google Play here https://goo.gl/CtJra3 and iTunes here https://goo.gl/q1o1ZP . Telemetry information and advanced features such as follow me are also viewed/controlled via the app.
– 7.4v 2000mah battery provides close to 10 minutes flight time. Can also use MJX Bugs 3 battery.
– App uses 802.11ac WiFi to receive FPV video, and control advanced functions. Not all phones are 802.11ac WiFi capable. First verify that your phone has such capability before considering purchgase.
– It’s very improtant to conduct a proper compass calibration before each flight. If not properly conducted,the drone can enter toilet bowl effect (TBE) circling which can lead to a crash or lost drone. Always conduct a hover stability check after takeoff. If uncommanded circling is noticed, exit GPS control and land the drone. Redo the compass calibration before taking off again.
– LW-FPV app is buggy and needs further work. Not all features have been fully or properly implemented (example: I could not get circle or waypoints feature to function properly). Follow me mode can not be turned off once activated. If WiFi reception is lost, app does not reconnect to the drone once the reception is regained.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.