ZD Racing Brushless Upgraded 9106S ZMT-10 Thunder 1/10 4WD RC Car Test Drive Review
This upgrade to the popular 9106 includes new features making it more durable than the original. Find it here https://goo.gl/XnDoZt It’s still a large and powerful hobby grade brushless RC monster truck that is tons of fun to drive. Highly dirt and water resistant, it loves kicking up dirt.
– Large 1/10 scale 4WD car/monster truck. I think this size is best for outdoor fun. Large tires and wide wheel track make this hard to roll over.
– Excellent independent oil dampened suspension system. Really absorbs the bumps in high speed driving.
– 3660 3500KV waterproof brushless motor.
– Larger 60A fan cooled ESC (vs 45A original 9106).
– Large 7.4V 2400mAh battery.
– Enclosed chassis providing splashproof protection of electronics and drive components (original 9106 had exposed components).
– Redesigned/reinforced suspension system with metal bracings and linkages (plastic on original 9106).
– Steel spur (plastic spur original 9106) and pinion gear.
– All metal under carriage plate (original 9106 no protection plate, and motor was exposed in the belly making it impact vulnerable).
– Wheelie wheels on the back (no wheelie wheels original 9106).
– 60km/h predicted top speed (45km/h original 9106).
– Advertised as waterproof. A better term would be splash proof, meaning you can send it through puddles, but don’t try turning it into a submarine.
– A little bit more expensive than original 9106. But the upgrades may be worth the extra cost.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.